Image Map

April 29, 2013

Open House Bulletin Boards: Garden Theme


Hi everyone!  I hope you had a good day.  I've been busy in my classroom putting up all the odds and ends for the different projects.  I figure that I can probably share a bulletin board a day this week to let you see what we've been up to.  :)

Above is the first bulletin board you see when you walk into the classroom.  It was my writing board throughout the year - it's one of the larger ones... and it needed to be to fit all this stuff.  
At the bottom we made Factor Flowers.  This came from Little Lovely Leaders over at TPT.  The kids loved the project. These are tucked into the grass.  Speaking of the grass, my sons had to cut the grass this morning since it was so long when I was stapling the flowers up before school.
Then my class made these figurative language butterflies.  I mentioned this last week.  They actually tackled it on Thursday when I had a sub.  I'm happy how they came out.  
Today during math we finished up our sun.  Last year I made order of operation clocks, but I really don't have room this year for another big project - so instead each kid got a strip of yellow.  They created an equation that had to include parenthesis, multiplication, and either addition or subtraction.  After they turned it in they went on and made other equations that their neighbors had to solve.  

All of these projects have been graded by yours truly - an easy way to add some more grades for this time of year since right now we don't have that many more assessments left to go.  

1 comment:

  1. These projects are SO CUTE!! What a great way to use up a large space and post student work.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!