Image Map

October 30, 2012

What's Planned for Halloween?

Halloween... the day that kids look forward to all year, and 
the day that teachers dread?!?

Just kidding.

Sort of.

Anyhow, here's my plan for tomorrow.  
I know I shared the pins the past week at different times...so if you click the pictures they will go to when I last posted it, which will then take you to Pinterest and to TPT, etc...

8:20-9:00
Morning work (Daily Math), correct homework, decorate paper candy corns, and share our Spooky Stories they have written the past week.

9:00
Halloween Parade with the rest of the school

9:30-9:55
Share more Spooky Stories and have them create a mini book with different Halloween idioms.  Yes, I know - I haven't done that yet.  If not enough time this will bump to the afternoon when I have classroom rotations.
Halloween Idioms - free

9:55 - 10:10
Recess

10:10-12:10
Rotations with the rest of the grade level

*Read aloud and create a monster by tearing construction paper into the different shapes.  As the teacher will read the story, the kids design how they imagine the monster to be.

*Math fact multiplication bingo - pumpkin style

*Halloween Boggle

12:10-12:50
Lunch

12:50-1:30
Read Aloud and Silent Reading (Yes, I'm making them read like a normal day when I'm sure they will be hyped up.)

1:30-2:10
Party Time Rotations - about 10 minutes per station

Station #1:
Create Oobleck (looks like slime) - My station
2 cups corn starch + 1 cup water + food coloring
I mix it in a big bowl, then use a tablespoon to put it into sandwich bags to which the kids choose their color slime.

Station #2 and #3
*Multiple meanings pumpkin games and candy corn is/are, was/were game. 
Multiple Meaning Pumpkins - free

Station #4
*Witch hats made from cookies, orange frosting, and hershey kisses - they create and eat.
Great idea for school Halloween party
2:10-2:40
*Treat time - apple slices with caramel dip, drinks, and chips 
(Someone also brought in a Costco sized box of small doughnuts today - not asked for, but will be appreciated.)

*Scooby Doo movie (cartoon version of course)

2:40-2:50
Clean up, clean up, clean up
Fill out agendas
Pass out my glow stick gifts
Homeward Bound

2:50-3:05
Yard duty after school

3:05
I sink into my chair and do not move for a while.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!